Rimkus CAT Team Responds to Record-Setting March Storms
Rimkus' CAT Team has swung into action yet again in 2012.. More than 160 reports of tornados and over 900 reports of severe storms--some bearing hail in the 1- to 2-inch range and wind gusts over 80 mph--were recorded on March 2-3, 2012. The storms affected parts of Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. The tornadoes and accompanying storms that ravaged these central and southern states may be the largest outbreak of severe storms ever recorded in the month of March.
Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc. serves clients worldwide in response to catastrophic events. The Rimkus CAT team consists of engineers, construction professionals and building consultants who specialize in identifying property damage to commercial and residential structures, as well as industrial facilities, that arises from tornadoes, windstorms, mudslides, earthquakes, and flooding.
- Hail, Wind and Water Damage Assessments
- Mold and Indoor Air Quality Evaluations
- Structural Integrity and Safety Assessments
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing Analysis
- Scope of Damage Determinations
- Building Code Compliance Determinations
- Cost to Repair and Replace Estimates
- Clerk of the Works
- Reconstruction Oversight
- Business Interruption Assessments
- Appraisal and Mediation Assistance
- Expert Witness Services
- Origin and Cause Determinations